GSF September Fall & Fun Folds
It is the first Friday of the month, so that means it is time to HOP around the world with the amazing and talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators in the Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop! I really enjoy hopping with these ladies! They are so inspirational! If you are hopping over from Kimberley Anne Morris, thank you!
This month, our theme is Fall & Fun Folds and I managed to get both ideas into one card! Using the Rustic Harvest was sure to fulfill the Fall part of our theme! Besides that, the only time I seem to ever use Cajun Craze is for Fall…and the card base is that awesome color!
I’m kinda pleased with how the card turned out because I veered off of the fun fold I was starting to do. You see, I needed a different closure so that I wouldn’t cover up that amazing DSP! I didn’t want to do the Interlocking panels after all, nor a belly band. Then an idea popped right out of my own head! POOF! I love when that happens!
Check this out!
Here is how I made the closure to this gate card…
First, I tied a knot in the end of the twine as close to the edge as possible, then I used a mini glue dot to secure it to the back of the butterfly. I layered 2 sets of mini dimensionals on each side of the twine to keep it there. Then I put it on the front of the card on the right side panel/door.
After that, I put regular sized dimensionals, in a double layer, on the back of the sentiment (punched out of the Basic White and Merry Merlot with the Double Oval Punch). Wondering why the double layer of dimensionals? It’s because the Silver Threaded Twine is pretty thick compared to our usual twine! But, oh, so worth it!
Once the sentiment was down on the left side panel, I then wrapped the twine clockwise around and under the sentiment and Voila! The card is closed! Cool, right?!
And here is what the final card looks like! That paper is so gorgeous!!
Looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! LoL! 🙂 Pllus, I used 4 different stamp sets for one card! I think that is a new record for me! LoL!
That’s it for me today! Now it is time to hop on over to Tricia Butts’ blog and see what she designed for Fall & Fun Folds! I’m sure it will be a fantastic creation! There are not very many of us today, so please hop on through and give us some love in the comments! Thank you! Enjoy your day!
Thank you for reading and taking this crafting journey with me! It’s nice to have you along! Enjoy your own Stampin’, Scrappin’, and Craftin’ journey! Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this project. Feel free to CASE my projects and share them in the comments below! I love to see what others create!
If you live in the US and do not already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to help you with your crafty needs!
Please contact me to get on my email list at email@example.com
Supplies Used to make the Cards:
- Designer Series Paper – Rustic Harvest (front layers & yellow of butterfly)
- Cardstock – Basic White (inside & sentiment), Cajun Craze (Card base), Crushed Curry (Layer), Basic Black (Layer behind butterfly), Merry Merlot (layer behind sentiment)
- Stamp Sets – Butterfly Brilliance (Front closure), Biggest Wish (sentiment), Dragonfly Garden (inside flowers), Happy Hedgehogs (butterflies inside)
- Inks – Momento Tuxedo Black
- Silver-Threaded Twine
- Double Oval Punch
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Adhesives – Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals – mini and regular, Mini Glue Dots
- Paper Snips
- Stampin’ Trimmer
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Any and all of these wonderful items, you can find at https://bit.ly/ShopStampinUpwithJunebugCreations
September’s Paper Pumpkin Kit is called Spooky Treats
This kit includes:
- enough elements to create 18 treat boxes—6 each of 3 designs. This all-inclusive kit includes printed box bases and tops, die-cut paper pieces, adhesives, and more!
- The Spooky Treats Paper Pumpkin Kit includes an Orchid Oasis Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set puts the TREAT in trick-or-treat with fun, Halloween-themed sentiments and designs. Embrace the spooky season with ghost, bat, spider, and star images.
- This kit also includes a special peek-through box top on one of the box designs.
Finished box size: 2-1/2″ x 3″ x 1″ (6.4 x 7.6 x 2.5 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Basic Black, Gray Granite, Orchid Oasis, Fresh Freesia, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie
Only 4 days left to subscribe! Make sure to subscribe By September 10th!
Prepaid subscriptions that save you money can be found HERE
Month-to-Month subscriptions can be found HERE
Each week in September there will be items for sale! Click below to see what is on sale this week!
During the month of September 6 stamp sets from the Annual and Mini Catalogs that normally don’t have dies…do now! Click on the picture to see them!
More fun new kits in the Kit Collection!!
PLUS, REMEMBER TO CHECK THE CLEARANCE RACK REGULARLY!
Lovely card with such a clever closure. TFS!
Thank you! I was pretty happy with how the closure came together.
Pretty clever closure June. You are right, it’s way to pretty to cover up. Thanks for sharing this!💕
Thank you! Yes, it is too pretty! I’m glad the closure worked!