Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Safari Celebration
It’s not the last Tuesday of the month, yet since February is short, we are running with the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop today…which would have been the last Tuesday of the month in a normal 30/31 day month. But, hey, what is normal anyway, right? If you are joining me from the lovely Mary Knabe ‘s blog, Thank you for continuing to HOP!!
Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop is a fun way that a group of demonstrators share their love of the Paper Pumpkin kits and show ways to make alternates using the supplies in the kit or adding a few extras, or going way outside the box and using items from the kit to make their creations with other products! However each person does it…we love to share and inspire you!
February’s kit is a fun kit and I love all the safari animals! I’m an animal lover, especially wild animals! Have always enjoyed going to the Zoo and Wildlife parks! Here are the cards from the kit as they were originally designed. I always make 1 of each first to get a feel for the kit.
Had all kinds of ideas when I first pulled out the kit and then, when I sat down to make my alternates…those ideas fled! Yet, a new idea popped in shortly there after! Why not step up these cards a bit and change them around. Y’know…mix and match?!
So, I grabbed a few embossing folders, my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and went to town making these cards! I embossed the card fronts and all the vellum. Then I mixed up the animals and cards with envelopes. Then I sorted out the leaves to how I thought they looked with the animal and card base color. After that, I stamped the sentiments and the dots on the card fronts.
I ran all the leaves through the Tasteful Textiles 3D folder to give them slight texture. I also used my Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blend to change the color of the Faux Sea Glass embellishments that came in the kind to add more color to the layouts.
Hammered Metal 3D embossing folder.
Birch 3D embossing folder.
Painted Textures 3D embossing folder.
Here are the cards next to the original so you can see how I changed it up! The original is on the left and the embossed card is on the right.
Um, the gazelle card turned into a card for a lefty…LoL…I had it upside down! I’ll send it to a lefty for their birthday and see if they notice! 😉
Let me know what you think of my embossed mix and match cards!
Now it’s time for you to be whisked away to the amazing Cheryl Hamilton‘s page by clicking on the Next button below!
Thank you for reading and taking this crafting journey with me! It’s nice to have you along! Enjoy your own Stampin’, Scrappin’, and Craftin’ journey! Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this project. Feel free to CASE my projects and share them in the comments below! I love to see what others create!
If you live in the US and do not already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to help you with your crafty needs!
Please contact me to get on my email list at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplies Used to make the Cards:
- February 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit – Safari Celebrations
- Inks – Rich Razzleberry
- Stampin’ Blends – Blackberry Bliss
- Embossing Folders – Painted Textures 3D, Hammered Metal 3D, Bark 3D, Tasteful Textile 3D
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Adhesives – Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
- Paper Snips
- Stampin’ Trimmer
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Any and all of these wonderful items, you can find at https://bit.ly/ShopStampinUpwithJunebugCreations
Name: Beyond the Horizon
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is perfect for any occasion. With sentiments that say “thanks”, “hello”, “thinking of you,” and so many more, you’ll be able to use this stamp set year round.
- And if you thought one stamp set was great just wait—this month’s kit comes with a BONUS stamp set for FREE! That’s two stamp sets in one kit! It’s our way of saying THANK YOU to you our Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Evening Evergreen, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pale Papaya
- That’s not all! This kit perfectly coordinates with the New Horizons Suite Collection in our January–June 2022 Mini Catalog Which means even more exclusive elegant watercolor designs curated by our in-house artists just for you! You can see the whole collection in this video! https://s.tamp.in/hXvjJ_
Follow me on Facebook to see specials and join me on Mondays for my Paper Pumpkin Playdate LIVE where I demonstrate how to make the cards in the kit as well as share alternate ideas with kit supplies most of the time and extra supplies the rest of the time! Like and Follow me HERE
OTHER SPECIALS GOING ON AT STAMPIN’ UP! RIGHT NOW! CLICK ON ANY OF THE BANNERS TO LEARN MORE!
PLUS, REMEMBER TO CHECK THE CLEARANCE RACK REGULARLY!
Great alternate cards.
Thank you, Mary!
Great way to add some extra texture to the card elements.
Thank you, Elizabeth!
Terrific! I love the Hammered Metal E-Folder!
Thank you, Dana! I think that might have been the first time I used it.
I liked how you incorporated all the different embossing folders!
Thank you! I am attempting to use them more. It was a challenge from a retreat I attended.
Love your card saying you would send it to a lefty. I did that to one of my Christmas cards and my husband had me send it to a friend who is left handed. He didn’t even notice. We did mention it to our friend and then he went back and looked at it. All your cards are great.
Thank you! That is funny that he didn’t even notice! We’ll see if my MIL does or not.
Love the extra texture! Great cards!
Great cards! I love the whoops that made it a card for a lefty! My husband is a lefty….I might start making his cards that way!
Thanks, Darla! Curious as to whether he would even notice. We’ll see if my MIL does.
Cute projects, thank you for hopping with us this month!
Thank you, Janey!
Great ideas! Love the texture you added and coloring the embellishment with Blends.
Thank you, Sharon! I didn’t like the white of them…they needed color. 😉
What a great idea to use dry embossing to add texture to your cute projects!
Thank you! It was super fun to change them up!