SU Enjoy the Moment meets Addicted to CAS challenge
Yes, I am back and it’s not even a Blog Hop! WooHoo! I was designing cards for upcoming classes and needed some inspiration, so I checked out some Challenge Blogs and chose to REALLY challenge myself with a CAS (Clean And Simple) card! This is a BIG challenge for me as I am such a distresser with so many of my cards and scrapbook pages.
The challenge was to create a clean and simple card using this code word…
And to stay in these guidelines:
We could dry emboss or heat emboss. Now, embossing is not hard. My challenge was to keep it clean and simple and design a card that I could teach on Zoom where participants might not have heat embossing supplies…so dry embossing it is, as I can send it already embossed! Sweet!
I also wanted to use my favorite seed pod from the Enjoy the Moment stamp set that will be coming out in the new Spring Mini on January 5th! This is such a cool and unique stamp set!
The sentiments are pretty great too!
Without further ado here is my card:
What do you think? Did I nail it? Very clean and simple for me! And, I showcased the poppy seed pods. I have come to love poppies in the past year when I moved into a house that had them and I saw them for the first time up close. Amazingly beautiful flowers! I look forward to when they bloom again next summer! Good things, really are worth waiting for!
Thank you for reading and taking this crafting journey with me! It’s nice to have you along! Enjoy your own Stampin’, Scrappin’, and Craftin’ journey! Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this project. Feel free to CASE my projects and share them in the comments below! I love to see what others create!
Ingredients used to make my card:
- Enjoy the Moment stamp set
- Soft Suede cardstock for the base 11″ x 4 1/4″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla cardstock 4″ x 51/4″
- Painted texture 3D Embossing folder
- Very vanilla cardstock for focal image and fussy cut
- Very Vanilla cardstock cut 1/2″ and used Banners Pick A Punch for ends
- Soft Suede ink for sentiments
- Merry Merlot ink for focal image
- Braided Linen Thread for bow
If you would like to order any of these items to make this card yourself, you can head on over to my store at juneolsen.stampinup.net
Please remember to use my January Hostess Code MKGG3A4U at check out if you have an order of less than $150. When you order $150 or more you get to use the Stampin’ rewards and get free items!
When you place an order of $50 or more and use the Hostess Code, I’ll send you a package of pearls! Don’t worry,, if you placed a big order, you’ll get the Stampin’ Rewards you earned and the pearls from me!
If you read my blog very often you know that I love me some Paper Pumpkin!! Next month’s kit is Sending Hearts and has an Add-On you can purchase separately. From past experience with these add-ons and kits, there is a lot in there and tons to go around! You won’t be disappointed!
Here are the details:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, gold, Petal Pink, Poppy Parade, Smoky Slate, white
And the Add-On:
Little Love Boxes
- Add-on contains 20 printed mini boxes and 24 die-cut decorative pieces and sentiment labels.
- Item number: 156842
- Price: $8 USD
- Available 1 January, while supplies last!
If this is a kit you need in your life…I’m thinking kid’s classroom Valentine’s…then SUBSCRIBE HERE NOW
Challenge this card was entered into:
- Addicted to CAS – Challenge #188 Emboss